Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking a Wealth Strategies Advisor who wants more than just a job – who wants to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships.
The Wealth Strategies Advisor is responsible for advising Wealth Management, Commercial and Retail Bank clients with financial planning strategies and investment management matters, while providing quality service to internal/external customers in support of the Bank’s strategic initiatives, to meet/exceed revenue growth, profitability, and retention goals by acquiring new clients and expanding services to existing clients.
Depending on experience, other geographical locations in Washington State may be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Accountable for achieving/exceeding key objectives and goals in, business development, client retention, revenue growth, portfolio quality, client satisfaction, and knowledge of comprehensive wealth management and financial planning solutions.
- Work with new and existing clients to identify investment objectives and matches their profiles to available products and services. Research and analyze clients’ complete financial picture to develop informed recommendations based on individual client situations in order to determine how to best provide service, financial advice, and recommendations.
- Build and maintain knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities and complete annual administrative account reviews. Seek continued development of fiduciary and advisory skills through training and experience.
- Responsible for prospecting, advising and serving Wealth Management clients; establishes trusted relationships and proactively generates referrals from clients and centers of influence (COI) to include all lines of business within the Bank and third party advisors (e.g. attorneys, accountants, etc.).
- Obtain new clients through detailed targeted business plans; prospects clients in a new business development capacity by sourcing and building own pipeline of clients and opportunities.
- Actively manage larger client relationships to generate a profitable investment revenue and financial planning fee contribution to the Bank.
- Effectively profile clients and identifies needs for line of business referrals and collaboratively partners with Commercial and Retail Banking; proactively responds to branch and lender requests for client meetings and appointments to cross-sell products and services in the area of investment, insurance, estate transfers, and general financial planning.
- Maintain an organized system for managing a pipeline and book of business to include orderly follow-up with both prospects and existing customers to generate additional business. Monitor personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales targets, referrals and results are consistently achieved.
- Responsible for coordinating education, communication and client service for branch advisory & brokerage services programs. Expands knowledge with current trends in Wealth Management and works with specialists to keep up-to-date. Maintains an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in the local market.
- Perform all duties in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Participate in designated market area sales team meetings, and participate in District and Branch sales meetings as requested.
- Provide ongoing training to relationship managers and retail bank employees as needed.
- Represent the Bank in the local community through proactive participation in community, charitable, business and social activities to allow for maximum client and customer contact.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent – required.
- 6 – 8 years of successful sales/client service experience in a financial services industry possessing a broad background in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues; must have excellent business development skills with proven success in prospecting and building relationships to enhance business opportunities and entrusted to make quality decisions – required.
- NASD/NYSE Series 6 and/or 7, 63 and 65 (or 66) licensing – required.
- Requires resident state insurance license and non-resident licenses for all states in which the Bank does business. Ability to obtain within in six month of hire – required.
- Professional designation as CFA, CFP or other industry certification - preferred.
- Must abide by all regulatory agency laws governing license(s) held, and attend all necessary continuing education training programs and meetings to maintain license(s).
- Advisors are required to be registered with the Bank’s Financial Services partner.
- Proven ability to provide professional, responsive customer service; with strong customer service delivery, sales, business development and relationship selling skills, both internally and externally via telephone and person-to-person contact.
- Exceptional sales, networking and relationship building skills, with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions and generate sales of advisory services and financial products.
- Thorough knowledge of financial planning strategies and the ability to deliver advanced planning, financial strategies and techniques of complex investment products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of bank investment, brokerage and trust business services. Good working knowledge of all retail products and services.
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies and presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to position and assigned area. Ability to maintain appropriate continuing education hours.
- Strong analytical reasoning, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals and reporting requests, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to handle and deal with sensitive and confidential matters in a tactful and discreet manner.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project); and working knowledge and experience with financial planning software; with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, which may require evening work.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 25-30 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.)
Travel Time: Varies 25 - 30%; willingness to travel to bank locations and customer sites, as needed; availability for overnight travel, as required; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com