Heritage Bank is seeking a Document Imaging Specialist at our Olympia, WA location. The Document Imaging Specialist position ensures all loan documents designated for in-house imaging are properly prepared and ready for document imaging. Ensures quality control during the front/back end imaging process, and ensures all deadlines are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties/projects may be assigned):
- Separate and breakdown existing vault or mortgage loan files; removes staples, checks quality of original documents and prepares files for imaging according to department procedures.
- Uploads supporting documents to the Bank’s document imaging system to include but not limited to: daily work, closed loans, change requests, or other related documents.
- Index new loan files in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate indexing and verification of documents uploaded to the document imaging system.
- Makes adjustments, corrections, and changes to loan document images, as needed, to ensure all loan documents are clear and accounted for.
- Maintains loan vault area in an organized and orderly manner; ensures original loan files (non-imaged and/or ready to image) are maintained in alphabetical order to ensure easy accessibility.
- Provide support for internal and external loan review and regulatory audits - including pulling files for audits, answering questions and/or researching imaged documents.
- Prepares original collateral loan document files for delivery to Loan Servicing, on a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors receipt of original collateral loan documents and Dealer Loan Files.
- Files documents in appropriate secure vault and/or assigned filing cabinets, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Monitors the Document Imaging Issue Log and fixes or reports document imaging and/or scanning issues to appropriate personnel for timely resolution.
- Contributes to the success of the assigned department(s) with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back- up assistance, as required or assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers, and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to gain a strong understanding of imaging quality measurement techniques and processes; with the ability to detect, document and correct quality issues, in a timely manner.
- General knowledge and understanding of loan and collateral documentation, banking regulations/guidelines, and operational policies/procedures.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy
- Flexible with and accepting of change in a fast paced environment, with willingness to learn new skills.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, e-mail attachments), with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly, and troubleshoot minor problems. Knowledge of financial services loan systems and experience utilizing loan servicing and client file management applications, i.e., OSI/DNA (Open Solutions Inc) – preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required.
- 1 year recent customer service experience in loan operations and/or branch banking, with working knowledge of general office administration practices and procedures and understanding of basic bank transactions and general knowledge of loan documents, in a financial services industry – required.
- Working knowledge of imaging equipment, file management, and record retention schedules – preferred.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 30 lbs., (files, boxes, supplies, as needed).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com