Heritage Bank is seeking a Digital Payment Specialist - Debit Cards at our Southern Operations Center in Tacoma, WA. The Digital Payment Specialist - Debit Cards provides timely and accurate customer service and technical support to internal and external customers, related to Digital Services credit card products and services. When performing assigned duties, ensures compliance with operational and regulatory policies, and procedures to mitigate risk.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Research and responds to internal and external member inquiries via email, phone or in person.
- Protect and maintain confidentiality with all customer financial data when handling customer requests and transactions.
- Provide support for issuance and maintenance of debit and stored value cards.
- Reconcile stored value card general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acquire knowledge and adhere to departmental procedures, programs, products and services and Reg E requirements, to ensure compliance with industry rules and regulations.
- Gain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area.
- Contributes to the success of Digital Services with a willingness to share in all department responsibilities, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Coursework and/or certification in accounting; or relevant education – preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year recent customer service, data entry, clerical and/or office support experience, demonstrating working knowledge of general office administration practices and procedures– required.
- Recent experience in Digital Services with working knowledge and understanding of card processing and regulatory compliance – preferred.
- Provides high level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to provide clients with information, data, advice and solutions, as well as gain their trust and respect while maintaining personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer. Ability to escalate to next level management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues over the phone, in person and via email; and ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Detail oriented with organizational, problem-solving, data review and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, and reporting requests ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met.
- A basic understanding of debit/credit relationships and negotiable instruments; general math skills to balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors, to process debits and credits accurately, and adhere to customer instructions.
- Ability to learn and gain an understanding and apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as gain working knowledge of the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5 – 10 lbs. (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com