Heritage Bank is seeking a Loan Quality Control Specialist in Olympia or Tacoma, WA. The Loan Quality Control Specialist position is responsible for the accurate and thorough administration and review of simple to moderate loan files, while providing quality customer service to internal/external customers.
Depending on candidate experience, Level I, II, or Senior may be considered.
Depending on candidate, this position can be filled in either Olympia or Tacoma, WA.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Perform quality control review of simple to moderate loans on the commercial, consumer and mortgage system.
- May perform review of daily critical maintenance reports for all monetary and nonmonetary transactions to ensure all transactions are appropriate and supported by applicable documentation.
- May assist with data gathering and report compilation on audits and exams, as requested.
- Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back- up assistance, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent –required. Associates in Accounting – preferred, but not required.
- 1 year recent experience in a mid-level lending support role, which includes current working knowledge across various functional loan servicing areas – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Effective listening verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Working knowledge and understanding of lending policies, procedures, and terminology related to banking laws and regulatory requirements applicable to loan servicing and lending operations.
- General knowledge of loan documentation, with the ability read/interpret loan documents or authorizations, ensuring accurate data input and/or approvals have been attained.
- Ability to display initiative to independently learn and apply skills to improve errors and overall servicing quality.
- Knowledge of bank accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Detail oriented, and organizational and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal supervision.
- Analytical ability, data review and processing skills, with the ability to identify and resolve exceptions and interpret data.
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency and accuracy are required.
- Flexible with and accepting of change in a fast paced environment.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Knowledge of financial services loan systems and experience utilizing loan servicing and client file management applications, i.e., FISERV / DNA – required.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, walking, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 - 30 lbs., (i.e., loan files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com