Heritage Bank is seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer in Olympia, WA. The Mortgage Loan Officer responds to customer inquiries and referrals generated from own contacts and other Bank business lines, to originate a high volume of quality loans, which meet Heritage Bank’s guidelines, and comply with all federal and state compliance policies and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Perform business development activities to increase reoccurring production, including: maintenance of a client database, and client and customer calling/monitoring efforts.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers; analyze financial and credit data, to determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Receive customer applications, quote rates and points, and complete all follow-up activities and registration lock-in, from application to close.
- Perform loan analysis to insure loans conform to investor guidelines.
- Collect and analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk.
- Actively partner with other lines of business to meet and exceed established production and referral targets and goals, as set with the management team.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and clearly communicate, all bank products and services, to include underwriting processes and the Bank’s credit culture.
- Maintain and complete sales pipeline and activity reporting.
- Maintain current knowledge of banking and lending rules and regulations and ensures compliance with all bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- Stay current on new types of loans and mortgages.
- 3+ years recent retail mortgage lending sales and origination experience, application to close, utilizing self-sourced and generated leads, and proven track record closing loans in the current market, and ability to achieve the Bank’s annual production standards – required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required.
- Knowledge of real estate and finance through appropriate experience and/or certified course work.
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills, expertise and success in business development, sales processes and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to meet production expectations and manage a heavy production and referral pipeline.
- Strong working knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines including fair lending, privacy, and RESPA.
- Expert knowledge of lending products/services and pricing alternatives and ability to analyze, understand and communicate complex loan products.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Self-motivational skills and ability to work in a high pressure, high-volume production-oriented environment.
- Highly effective and professional interpersonal, communication, questioning strategies, influencing/presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Mortgage Lending Software and websites.
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
- Travels regularly for business development and customer meetings; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, which may require evening work.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 20 – 30 lbs. (i.e., loan files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com