Corporate Finance Manager
The Corporate Finance Manager is responsible for delivering timely, accurate and reliable financial reporting information to assist senior management and business unit leaders make critical business decisions and key financial information presentations. Additionally, this position will have responsibility for effectively utilizing the technologies and tools to streamline and enhance processes for managing forecasts, budgets, profitability and risk analysis.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions. Identify and develop new skills for assigned staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with management and Human Resources and recommend staffing levels and approves personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development of staff, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial reports and analysis prepared by Financial Analysts for completeness and accuracy and compliance with applicable standards (GAAP, FDIC, etc.).
- Participate in the development of a centralized reporting function, which includes working with department leads to understand current state and reporting desires. Implement and manage assigned reporting functions.
- Manage the annual budget process and periodic forecast process.
- Create and manage a rolling quarterly forecast function.
- Maintain long-term plan financial model. On a regular basis, periodically update model to reflect changing business assumptions, revenue and expense trends, and accounting changes.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of enhanced profitability modules, including identifying cost/revenue drivers and proper allocations.
- Develop reports detailing relative profitability and other statistics for branches, business units, products, loan officers, and customers.
- Provide guidance on best practices for profitability, budget, and reporting through research and network connections.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to assigned area of oversight.
- Participate in the re-development of financial reports for Asset Liability Committee and Risk Committee, ensuring assumptions used in analysis are consist with other analysis, or clearly document rational for use of different assumptions.
- Perform research and analysis in support of executive management decision-making.
- Assist with strategic planning and business planning, as requested and needed. Act as a project lead for Bank-wide projects/initiatives owned by the finance department, including management of project tasks and providing recommendations to senior leadership regarding pivotal project milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business, or a related field - required.
- 7 years recent financial modeling, financial analysis and financial reporting experience, which includes a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an accounting / finance management and leadership role – required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation - desired. Candidates currently in the process of obtaining either certification will be considered depending on experience. Equivalent combination of education, certifications and/or relevant experience in all aspects of accounting/finance in a management role may be considered
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal/external customers; responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences across business lines at all levels; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop teams, to include oversight and management of employees in remote locations, to ensure transparency. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills required.
- Strong financial reporting, short and long term budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are required to analyze statistical information, demonstrating proficiency in performing data analysis to support business decisions through financial modeling, graphical presentation, and analytical writing.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, and cost control principles.
- Advanced knowledge of management accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, compliance requirements, state/federal regulations, and policies related to assigned area of oversight.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient PC and advanced experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) working knowledge of automated financial and accounting systems, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge and experience working with Fiserv Prologue financial suite or other ERP systems – preferred.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule(s) with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule, and/or extended hours and remotely, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting: 5 – 10 lbs. (files, boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com