Commercial Review Appraiser
At Heritage Bank, we celebrate your uniqueness as an individual. That’s our difference. We create financial solutions enabling our neighbors to reach their goals. Our teams work together, focused on building long-lasting relationships with our customers. Since our foundation in 1927, we have been striving to continuously improve our organization. This commitment defines our relationships, sets expectations for our actions, and directs decision-making in four fundamental areas: customers, communities, employees, and shareholders
Heritage Bank is seeking a Commercial Review Appraiser who will be responsible for engaging and reviewing appraisals and evaluations of commercial and agriculture related properties for bank and lending purposes. The reviewer will ensure compliance with Bank policies, Federal and State regulations including FIRREA and USPAP and will opine on the overall reasonableness and reliability of the reports received. Direct experience, knowledge and familiarity with a variety of property types is necessary, including office, retail, industrial, warehouse, hospitality, special purpose and agriculture.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Receive and process new appraisal requests and review them for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting to appraisers for bids.
- Select appropriate appraisers from the Bank’s approved appraiser list to receive bid requests, and to place appraisal orders.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of the completed valuation reports for accuracy, reasonable assumptions, supportable conclusions, appropriate technical analysis, current market conditions, and ensure compliance with policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conduct interviews with market participants and perform market research in multiple markets to confirm data and conclusions contained in the reports.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and ensure bank activities are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
- Perform ad hoc market research projects.
- Conduct property site inspections, as needed.
- Qualify external third party appraisers for approved appraiser list.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with lending and credit teams, while providing information, training and assistance as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline - required.
- 5 years of recent experience in commercial real estate appraisal in both traditional and/or investment banking environments – required.
- Financial services industry experience in a multi-state environment and experience as an in-house commercial review appraiser within the commercial mortgage industry – preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the residential appraisal and review process – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and advanced income property appraisal coursework may be considered.
- Current and active State Certified-General Real Estate Appraiser license– required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service and maintain positive client relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong working knowledge of lending practices, policies, procedures, and terminology related to banking laws and regulatory requirements.
- Strong technical and analytical reasoning and reporting skills to synthesize information accurately and effectively.
- Thoroughly understand, interpret and apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assignments covering a multi-state environment.
- Thoroughly understands, interprets and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, in a multi-state environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during site visits and/or appraisal inspections
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials
Occasional travel to inspect properties, attend off-site meetings, with willingness to travel to other branch and department locations when needed; overnight travel may be required; valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out essential job-related functions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com