Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity in our Technology Development division and we are looking for talented developers to join our creative and dynamic team.
The Software Developer designs and develops software applications for new products or product enhancements. Develops code to meet requirements and specifications of applications, and performs testing, troubleshooting and debugging. Additionally, this position researches emerging technologies, identifies new product opportunities and will assist to establish parameters for product direction and design.
Preferred geographical location is Burlington, WA. Depending on experience other geographical locations may be considered, i.e., Tacoma or Bellingham, WA.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide consultative assistance to assigned business units to streamline processes as it relates to the efficient use of core banking systems.
- Build partnerships with internal customer base and technical support to provide project management services
- Prepare reports on project specifications, activities, and/or status. Clearly and regularly, communicate progress with management and assigned business unit
- Participate in the creation and development of modern functional User and Application Interfaces
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization; understand the importance of automated test-scripts. Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; develops, writes, updates and maintains system protocols, internal controls and detailed universally understood standard operating procedures for end user reference and training use
- Gain working knowledge of, and ensure bank activities, are performed in compliance with, all state and federal banking laws and regulations, applicable to assigned area
- Participate in and champion the adoption and implementation of Agile or other approved software development lifecycle methodologies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Bachelor Degree (BA/BS) in a Technical Field such as Information Technology, Computer Science or Systems Engineering – required.
- 1+ years of ReactJS experience; exposure to Java development - server side, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, etc. – preferred .
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Provide an exceptional level of service and comprehensive support to internal customers, with the ability to build and maintain positive, professional relationships, to successfully interact with all levels of management and functional areas across the organization.
- Effective communication/ interpersonal skills combined with ability to communicate non- technical and technical information effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences across business lines; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Technical and analytical reasoning skills to understand end user's requirements and transform into operational application and technical alternatives .
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, organizational and time management skills, to manage multiple assignments and projects, ensuring commitments and deadlines are met with regular and/or moderate direction and oversight
- General knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management, which includes both client and business perspectives
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies (Agile, Six Sigma, other), and software development, testing, and deployment principles .
- Knowledge of Agile or similar software development lifecycle methodology – preferred.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required. .
- Working knowledge writing SQL and use of database access tools and understands the Database->Table->column->Index dynamics .
- Understanding of cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS, either/both).
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting of files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com